Frankie DeSoto, an Search engine optimization specialist at Standing Dog, continues to be writing about search engine optimization. His newest weblog publish is about effective meta descriptions and just how it’s important to write an effective meta description tag for each page of your website.
There are several rules of thumb when it comes to creating meta description tags. Maintain in thoughts 1st and foremost that the meta description tag can and will be utilized as a part of your actual search engine outcome listing. So, it is important to create this well so that the users are enticed to click on on the actual search result listing and go to your site. Listed here are a few other essential meta description tag tips:
Probably the most essential task of the meta description is to inform the searcher of what they’ll discover once they go to your website. They are brief snippets of text that include keywords and eventually perform because the advertising duplicate that influences the searcher to click on. The descriptions should utilize target keywords in an intelligent and all-natural way. Much like with title tags, you don’t wish to create sentences that do not seem sensible just to function inside your keyword phrases.
A general rule of thumb is to keep your meta descriptions between 155-175 characters, with spaces. This is the number of characters the search engines will usually show within the search results. Any longer and you danger seeing them shortened in the search results. It’s important to function your keyword phrase in to the starting of the description to make sure it will be displayed. I would suggest including your phrase within the first 120 characters if at all possible.
- SEO: Meta Description Tag is Key When it comes to building websites and optimizing your...
- Search Engine Optimization: Keywords in URLs For search engine optimization, keywords in URLs are important. Your...
- Search Engine Optimization and Google Search Plus Your World Google lately add a brand new feature or alter to...
- Writing An Effective Title Tag Did you realize that creating an effective title tag is...
- Adding a Breadcrumb Trail On Your Website for SEO You might want to think about adding a breadcrumb trail...
- Why We Love to GiveWe\'ve all heard that it\'s better to give than to receive. But did you know it's a proven scientific fact?
- SEO Audit of Your Site | Bill HartzerOn my main blog, I wrote an article about how it\'s really important to perform an SEO audit of your website on a regular basis. I came up with 8 reasons why you should perform an SEO audit.
- Is Google Penguin Recovery All About Cleaning Up Links?A while back I wrote about how many SEO companies and so-called SEO experts have been offering a Google Penguin Recovery Service. I mentioned that you really
- How to Disable Comments on Facebook Business Pages | Standing Dog BlogThis is how you disable comments on Facebook Business Pages.
- How To See Analytics on Google PostsWhenever you make a post on the Google social network, or you share something, it is always helpful to see how your post did or how it is doing. Want to see the analytics on your Google posts? Here is how to do that.
- Google Hummingbird Algorithm | Bill HartzerFirst it was Google Panda, and then we had Google Penguin. For the past several years, we have been dealing with pandas and penguins. But now, we\'re dealing
- Google Reconsideration Request: How to Get a Manual Penalty Lifted | Bill HartzerIf you have ever received a manual penalty from Google, then you most likely have received this message in Google Webmaster Tools that could be an unnatural
- Google Announces Calico, Registers GoogleCalico.com | Bill HartzerLarry Page and Google recently announced the formation of a new company, called Calico. The new company will \"will focus on health and well-being, in particular
- How to Contact the Yahoo! Local Customer Care Team | Bill HartzerIf you have a brick and mortar business with a physical street address that you publicize (you typically have customers visit you at your location), then you
- Do Google 1s and Shares Help Search Engine Rankings? | Bill HartzerMy friend Eric Enge from Stone Temple Consulting took the time recently to put together a great study that focused on the Google social network. The whole idea
- How to Increase Your Followers on Google | Bill HartzerWhether you like it or not, Google , as a social network, is here to stay. It\'s already been integrated into the Google search results, and your better search
- How Search Engine Optimization Adds Value to a Website | Bill HartzerMost likely, if you have a website for your business, you probably have been pitched by a host of companies about the benefits of Search Engine Optimization.
- How to Know When You Should Develop a Domain NameHow many domain names do you own? One? Five? Over one hundred? You would probably be surprised about how many domain names I own and how many I have
- How Google Finds and Penalizes Advertorials | Bill HartzerNo website owner wants to log into Google Webmaster Tools and see an unnatural link warning from Google. Yet it\'s happening to more and more websites every
- Domain Names, Developed Domains, and Expired Domains | Bill HartzerWhen it comes to search engine marketing, one issue that many people struggle with is the domain name. There\'s some confusion out there regarding domain names
- Domain Name Appraisal Services and Domain Name Values | Bill HartzerAs you might recall, a while back I talked about Leapfish, the world\'s fastest search engine. Now, Leapfish has brought back a popular feature of their site,
- Balancing Paid and Organic Search Engine ListingsDoes your company\'s website really need to be listed in both the organic or \"natural\" search results as well as the paid \"sponsored\" results? The answer is a
- Search Engine Optimization: Why a Blog is ImportantWhen talking to business owners about marketing their businesses on the internet, I often get asked about why I always recommend that their online marketing
- Search Engine Optimization: Why We Still Need Meta Tags | Bill HartzerRecently, there has been a lot of debate in the search engine marketing community about some of the more simple or basic elements of search engine optimization,
- Search Engine Optimization: Why Image Alt Tags are Important | Bill HartzerThis is only one SEO tip out of many search engine optimization tips I have been providing over the years. All of my search engine optimization tips, like this
- Why We Love to Give