Google has decided to retire the “hosted domains” item that they have through the Google AdSense system. Based on an e-mail straight from the Google AdSense team, they have evaluated the benefits of their companion network and made the decision to retire the Hosted Domains program with Google AdSense. This program shutting down is different than the Google AdSense for Domains system, though.
In the long term, undeveloped domain names will only be served via their current Google AdSense for Domains distribution network. I personally don’t recall having any of my parked domain names utilizing this program, but apparently I have four domain names that use or utilized this program.
Here is more information from Google:
After evaluating the advantages of our partner network, we’ve decided to retire the Hosted domains product within AdSense. Going forward, undeveloped domains will only be served via our current AdSense for domains distribution network.
If you have hosted domains inside your AdSense account, they’ll be affected by this upcoming alter, that will stick to the routine beneath:
February 22: AdSense publishers can no lengthier start using the Hosted domains item.
March 21: You’ll no lengthier have the ability to create new hosted domains.
April 18: Hosted domains will turn out to be inactive and it’ll no longer be possible to earn from them.
June 27: Hosted domains will no longer be accessible in AdSense accounts.
How you can continue monetizing
To carry on monetizing your undeveloped domains, you will need to migrate your domain portfolio to a brand new domain parking provider of one’s option. Domain parking providers specialize in monetizing undeveloped domains, provide competitive prices, and can assist you to migrate your domain portfolio. To get started, follow the steps in our guide to migrating your hosted domains.
To determine whether or not you will be affected by this change, click Hosted domains under “Domains” on the My ads tab of one’s AdSense account.
The hosted domains listed here will all be impacted by this alter regardless of standing, and can ultimately quit earning revenue in your AdSense account. Particulars on upcoming modifications to Hosted domains:
- Google Typo Domain Names On a regular basis, I watch the domain names that...
- Google Charging Fee for Google Maps Usage Soon For most businesses, providing a link to your location...
- Search Engine Optimization: Keywords in URLs For search engine optimization, keywords in URLs are important. Your...
- How to Export Your Google Sidewiki Data Google Sidewiki is being closed by Google. Apparently this really...
- How to Create a Google Plus Business Page Google has added a way for businesses to create their...
- How to promote a hospitality brand in social mediaUse social networks to promote a product or service, and at the same time increase your presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Google .
- If Google Glass Fails, It's Robert Scoble's Fault | Peter ShankmanThanks, Robert Scoble. Your review of Google Glass was SO good, you've pretty much guaranteed that no one is going to use it. You've single-handedly pushed Google Glass into the far reaches of Dork-dom for the forseeable future.
- It is Still Possible to Spam the Google Search ResultsBreaking News: It is still possible to game the Google search results, even for commercial keyword phrases. In fact, you can even put up low-quality,
- Avital Web Now Offering SEO Services for Dentists | Website Marketing BlogSearch engine optimization is critical in today\'s highly competitive business world. A well-optimized dental website can be easier to locate and navigate by
- How the 2nd Annual Domain Boardroom Funfest Wound Up Getting Bobbled - And Why That\\\'s a Good Thing!DomainBoardroom\'s 2nd annual DBR Funfest wrapped up a four-day run in Dana Point, California Monday (May 6) that had guests raving about another great get together with fellow members from the popular private forum.
- A Special Thank You From DBRFunFest 2013 | DomainAnimalOne of the great things I found in this 'unconference' was the unique relationship building it fostered, as opposed to selling. No one was there to sell anything. Yet I made some great connections and already have plans to engage with several folks an
- Should a Startup Spend VC Funding on a Domain Name?It is no coincidence that companies with the best domain names often tend to rise to the top of their space. Should a Startup Spend VC Funding on a Domain Name?
- Should A Startup Spend VC Funding On A Domain Name? - ForbesThe bench in the foreground is engraved with country domain names such as .uk, .us, .nz etc. 'Domain' has been created by Langlands and Bell, and installed on Cathedral Lawn. (Photo credit: Wikipedia) This is part one of a two-part series on dom
- Link Building - Pushing Limits with Link BaitingLink Building using link bait can work very well in your favor with the proper strategy. Planning a SEO Link Building process can greatly improve traffic.
- Google to Start Showing Company Logos in Search Results? | Bill HartzerBased on what I am seeing using the Google Rich Snippets Tool, it looks like Google is going to be soon showing your company logo in the search results, just
- Google to Show Company Logos in Search Results | Standing Dog BlogCompanies and brands who have verified their publisher status (similar to Google Authorship) will start to see their company logo or brand logo show up in the Google Search Results.
- Luxury Lifestyle Blog Pursuitist.com Unveils New Design | Travel XL NewsPursuitist, a luxury lifestyle blog online at http://pursuitist.com - has unveiled an exciting new HD design. Featuring a responsive web site design that is
- SEO Agency Launches Google AdWords Campaign Targeting Blueglass | Bill HartzerVizion Interactive, an SEO Agency, has launched a Google AdWords campaign where they are specifically targeting searches for a competitor\'s brand name. But, in
- Do Not Rely on a Bot to Do Your Online Marketing and SEO | Bill HartzerWhatever you do, don't rely on a bot (a robot) to handle your online marketing and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). 10 years ago, when the search engines weren't as sophisticated as they are now, you might have gotten away with using automated progra
- AllRegs to Publish Norcom Mortgage Lending Library of Mortgage Underwriting Guidelines | Mortgage News ReviewAllRegs will publish Norcom Mortgage\'s lending library of mortgage underwriting guidelines. Norcom Mortgage is going to leverage the AllRegs technology platform
- PubCon 2013 in New Orleans - \\Read HostDime\'s review of PubCon 2013 from New Orleans!
- Do Not Use a Hyphenated Domain Name for Your WebsiteYes, I know the title of this post sounds harsh. But to be honest with you, that is my conclusion now that I have seen this. It's solid proof that the right keyword rich domain name will out-rank a hyphenated domain name in the search results every time
- The Difference Between SEOs and Search Engine MarketersDuring a recent comment thread on Facebook by my buddy Steve Floyd, the subject of SEOs (Search Engine Optimization pros or search engine optimizers) and SEMs
- Lindsay Mancha Joins Cyberset | Website Marketing BlogCyberset Corporation, an internet marketing company based in Los Angeles, has hired Lindsay Mancha, who will be part of their project management team.
- Kansas City Website Design to Offer Taiwan SEO and Web Design Services | Website Marketing BlogA leading web design firm based in US Midwest, Kansas City Website Design, today announced the company\'s plan to expand into Asia, with Taipei, Taiwan as the
- How to promote a hospitality brand in social media